Well, that didn't take long

. Monday, September 18, 2006
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

Well, it didn't take more than 3 days for my MacBook Pro to require repairs. Yes, its true. Apparently, you can't stick 2 DVDs in the SuperDrive at a time, and I guess my 3-year-old son didn't read that part of the MANUAL before he jammed 2 DVDs in there when it was in sleep mode. The eject button makes some great sounds, but nothing comes out.

So... tomorrow I have to take it to my authorized Apple store in town. Hopefully they can fix it. At least I'll know which one is mine - its the one with the PEN MARKS on the top that don't seem to want to come off. They match the PEN MARKS scribbled on the screen of our 19" LCD monitor.

Needless to say, the little guy's office accessibility has been suspended. And to be totally honest, that wasn't even the worst thing that happened today. It was truly a banner day. Some days life just shits all over the place and forgets to clean up.

3 comments:

slippy said...

Well, a bit of good news. K used "goo-off" and managed to get the pen marks off the monitor and the top of the MacBook. Too bad "goo-off" doesn't work for DVDs...

dubby said...

I feel your pain. My older iBook went to sleep last night and never woke up. Now it is Sarah's turn to deal with lost data. I am off to the Apple repair shop today!

slippy said...

Well, its in the shop now, but they can't even look at it for another day or so. Its going to take more time to repair it then it did to receive it. And it turns out that the DVD I thought W put in there wasn't in there at all - there might be only one. If that is the case, I am going to push to have it considered warranty service, maybe save myself the $200+ that I am expecting this to cost.