Interesting Weekend

. Monday, September 11, 2006
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

It was a weekend of contrasts. It started with me going to the Lincoln County Fair to gather footage for a short film I am developing. Talking to farmers, horse exibitors, carnies and craft people. It was good fun.

In a 180 degree turn, last night I went to the after-party of the showing of the film Shortbus at the Toronto Film Fest. It is the latest offering from actor/director John Cameron Mitchel who is the man behind Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Quite a night put on by the Queer Lounge at The Phoenix. We held up the bar like a couple of kids at a highschool dance as Posey Parker and Jennifer Coolidge cut a rug on the dance floor. We also rubbed elbows with Moses Znaimer and Scotty Speedman at the bar (yes, Slip I did say hi for you).

UPDATE: After watching some entertainment news programs on television today, I realize that since Slip mentioned his connection to Scott Speedman until today, I have had him mixed up with Shawn Ashmore of X-Men fame. It was indeed Mister Ashmore at the party, not Mister Speedman. My apologies to all, especially our anonymous commentor (it was nice to have you around).

8 comments:

slippy said...

Wow, interesting night! Pictures???

Did you really mention me to Scott Speedman? Did he actually remember me? Doubtful. Unless he remembers that one time in the changeroom shower when... OOPS! I've said too much already.

dubby said...

No pics. I wish I had my camera. One of the MCs for the night was a 6' transvestite dressed in a short short baby doll with no underwear.

Sorry, I was fibbing about saying hi to Scott Speedman. You know, the whole "what do you say to famous people" quandry. I just kept my distance and gawked from a far (expecially at a sassy Posey Parker!)

slippy said...

Was it the real Parker Posey, or a transvestite dressed up like Parker Posey? She rocked in D&C...

Anonymous said...

Scott Speedman! sigh...was he alone or was he with that Heather Graham character? I saw him as well, on the red carpet at Sarah Polley's movie. Pretty cute, huh?

dubby said...

It was really Posey Parker. I thought of D&C and most recently Superman!

And Scott Speedman was solo as far as I could tell.

Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty please, somebody!! An in-depth description!

slippy said...

Thanks for the update. I get the sense that our anonymous poster was of the female persuasion, and probably wondered why you didn't comment on Scott's cuteness.

'Twas nice to have a stranger drop by, albeit an anonymous stranger that just might have a checkered past...

Anonymous said...

No-way checkered, just shy.