Slip goes High Def

. Wednesday, January 24, 2007
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks


Well, after numerous battles with Bell ExpressVu, it came down to my contract anniversary date for them to put up. Yes, the only time they were willing to negotiate was when I called on the exact date that my contract with them expired, and I told them to cancel the contract. Once it was out there, Bell decided to deal.

So, the Slip family will be watching true HDTV on Thursday evening, or maybe just recording it to the 2-tuner PVR that is coming, too. I'll never miss an episode of Oprah or Dr. Phil again. What's that, Rachel Ray? You'd like me to watch you too? Sure thing, sweetie. I might even make room for some, "As the World Turns".

PS. I hope you know I was joking in the above paragraph. Dr. Phil will never see airtime on the PVR while I draw breath.

1 comments:

slippy said...

Well, consistent with my experiences with Bell to date, things didn't go quite according to plan. Admittedly, I am to blame, but I feel that I was somewhat misled by Bell.

Turns out you need two distinct cables directly from the satellite to use the 9200 HD PVR. With my recent reno, I only wired for 1 cable, and I wasn't about to let them drill into my walls after all that work, so... I managed to get HD, but no PVR. Not the worst thing in the world, but all that waiting until my anniversary date was wasted since now that I don't have the PVR, I am basically getting the same deal as if I just upgraded like any other existing customer.