Guy Flicks

. Sunday, January 21, 2007
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks


Watched a couple of true guy flicks lately. The first, recommended by my local movie store clerk, was "Running Scared". Not bad, a few plot holes that can be forgiven for the action. But even better is the film, "Crank". Check it before you wreck it.

6 comments:

slippy said...

I like Jason Statham... The Transporter was a pretty damn good movie, too. Thanks for the recos!

dubby said...

I know what you mean...

I became a fan of Statham after "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch".

slippy said...

Yes! Two other great movies. Probably Snatch had Brad Pitt's best performance ever... (other than Legends of the Fall).

dubby said...

My god Slip! How can you forget Pitt in "True Romance" as Floyd with his honey bear sidekick! Another amazing Pitt role would be the horking Early from "Kalifornia".

And I am not even going to state the obvious, ok, I will: "Se7en", Twelve Monkeys", "Fight Club". I just saw "Babel" as well - pretty good in that one too.

But I will always remember him from his guest apperance on "Friends" - ahhhh, Brad & Jen, the good old days!

slippy said...

Yeah, but "Legends of the Fall"!

Ok, I agree with you on all counts, the dude has a good resume. He may have lost some of his edge during his "Brennifer" years, though. Here's to hoping "Babel" has a bit of "freaky intense" Brad.

dubby said...

If you plan to see "Babel", get ready for some intense dread.