Magical Night at the Mod Club Pt. I

. Tuesday, April 11, 2006
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks


Life is complete...I met Benjamin Chase Harper.
Took a chance and went down to the Mod Club yesterday afternoon after a somewhat shady email transaction to secure a ticket.
Lets just say it was a good chance.

Ridiculous. I could write a book on the events of April 10th...let alone a Blog post. Magical...incredible, unbeleivable. Not enough superlatives. I know I love my Ben, but he is amazing. About 530PM, waiting in-line with the typical menagerie of 12-15 Ben fans one might expect, a white van pulled up to the front of the club, it was immediatly obvious that Ben was inside. He poured out of the van, and walked right up to us, as the group I was with had been at a similar show in Montreal the night before.
Talk about humble. He was just a normal dude ! Not that I expected him to hover off the ground or anything, but MAN was he cool. Trying to remember peoples names as he met them...listening to every word his fans had to say, just as they listened to his music. Can you imagine me ? I was in total awe. One of the Benharper.net icons was there and chatted with Ben like they were best buddies. Pictures were taken...posters were signed, and handshakes were exchanged. Needless to say, I was in my glory (and quite honestly, am going to be for a while). I would not have needed to fork-over my cash for the ticket, as Ben was quite willing to add ANYONE to the guest list. A couple of guys who had just shown up in hopes of getting in- were in, just like that - no questions asked.
Remember..in my little story, Im still in-line OUTSIDE the bar !!!! It only gets better. I met some cool people in line though, and had a great afternoon alst while buzzing like crazy after meeting THE MAN.

3 comments:

slippy said...

Wow! Are you kidding me?

dubby said...

Woods! OMG!

This is incredible! What an amazing experience!

I love the pics! I love the concert details! I love the autograph (can't quite make out what he wrote in the brackets though). Things just were meant to work out for you that day. Just blessed to be a witness!

But I was hoping, now that you and Ben are friends, that we would of got our Sept 2 tix for free, may be next time!

Cannot wait for the next get together. We will have so much to go over! I can't believe it all.

dubby said...

LOL!

That´s so ironic that from the autograph, that is what I couldn´t read!