Dare to Compare!!!

. Thursday, September 04, 2003
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

I am sure I will give a more complete review on the weekend but while its fresh in my head, I thought I would give my 2 cents on Dave Matthews Band.
Ben Harper he is NOT. Having said that, the concert was AMAZING.
Best way I can describe it, is that the highs of the DMB show were equally (if not slightly higher) as that of a Ben show, BUT their were way too many gaps between the highs...and the lows, created mostly by 1-2 minute breaks between songs, actually prompting me to sit down a few times.
The opening song couldnt even touch Glory and Consequence, but his energy levels picked up through the night, with a few lulls, and his closer was on par with Faded>Whole Lotta Love>Faded as they busted out a 15 minute version of All Along the Watchtower. Awesome.
Dont get me wrong though, I would strongly suggest seeing Dave if you get a chance.

For a "real" review that I would agree wholeheartedly with see the Canoe Review.

0 comments: