RIP Apple Time Capsule

. Tuesday, October 13, 2009
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks


Well, after posting 18 months ago what a great device this was, I join a growing list of disgruntled Apple Time Capsule owners whose equipment has died. Exactly 18 months to the day of arriving at my house, my Time Capsule is dead. Without warning. Kaput. No power, no restore, no love.

Despite more than 20,000 hits to a 17-page discussion thread on Apple's own support forum, they refused to acknowledge it as a problem during my call to support, just a lone incident. There's even an online registry for dead Time Capsules. Of course, their standard warranty is 1 year, and no longer covers my Time Capsule boat anchor. Luckily, I bought it with a gold mastercard which extends my warranty coverage by 1 year, but it will still be an effort to get it replaced.

So I am without my automated backup solution and wireless n network right now. Beware!

0 comments: